On 27th September 2018, Shri Ramasamy Memorial University Sikkim has celebrated World Tourism Day. WTD Programme & Exhibition hosted by School Of Hospitality and Tourism Studies. The honorable Registrar Prof. Ch. Satish Kumar, S.R.M. University Sikkim was present as the chief guest of the day and declared the exhibition open. There were a few cultural events which were thoroughly enjoyed by the Chief Guest, Associate Deans, All the Heads of Departments, Faculty members, and Students. There were various stalls which portrayed different cultures.
The WTD stalls were
- Adventure tourism stall which displayed numerous adventure equipment used for different adventure expeditions and each of the equipment was explained in detail.
- The Sikkimese stall which consisted of the various ethnic cuisines of different communities of Sikkim.
- Nepali stall was designed in a typical Nepali manner with various ethnic artifacts present along with ethnic Nepali cuisine.
- Bihar Stall proudly exhibited the famous tourist spots which were mostly of religious interest. They also explained the famous Buddhist tourist circuits.
- Bhutanese stall consisted of ethnic Bhutanese cuisine and they explained their culture and heritage.
- Nagaland stall was a very colorful one which portrayed the various fairs and festivals and the different places of interest.
- Tourism Information Centre contained various brochures and pamphlets of Sikkim tourism. The students themselves prepared various itineraries and promoted them.
The organizing committee of WTD had held an essay competition and distributed the prizes as well on the occasion. The Honourable Registrar, S.R.M. University Sikkim was handed a memento as a token of love and affection by the School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies.