Mr. Sanjiv Kumar Sharma
Assistant Professor (Sr.G) & HOD
|Ph. D (Pursuing)||Hospitality & Tourism||Shri Ramasamy Memorial University, Sikkim|
|MBA||Tourism and Hotel Management||Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, May 2013|
|3Yr. D.H.M.C.T||Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition||NSHM School of Hotel Management, Durgapur, West Bengal, University of Technology & AICTE), 2003|
|B.Com||Account(H)||B.R. Ambedkar University, Muzaffarpur, Bihar 2000|
- Hotel Management, Hospitality & Tourism
- International Conference on "Skill Development in Hospitality, Tourism & Food Technology: Challenges & Opportunities" on 23-24 March 2018 at Maharishi Markandeshwar University Haryana.Organized by Department of Hotel Management & Catering Technology.
- Paper presented and published "Gastronomy tourism of Bihari cuisine - A unique dining destination" ISBN 978-93-81818-53-4.
- TRANSITION International Conference Title-Hospitality and Tourism Entrepreneurship –Creators & Sustainers at Garden city University Bangalore. Paper Published in RIPPLES journal paper titled"Innovation in Food & Beverage sector Entrepreneurship-A F&B industry in Hospitality"March 2017.ISSN-2229-6795,Vol.5
- International journal for innovative research in multidisciplinary field ISSN-2455-0620. Paper titled-Mirror on Bettiah Raj & wildlife: A place to visit,Vol-2,Issue-11 Nov 2016
- Panel Discussion ETHE (Express Tourism & Hospitality Expo) November 2016 by The New Indian Express at Gangtok. Topic-Capacity Building and Career Options in Tourism and Hospitality
- AVAHAN International Conference on Sustainability, Competitiveness & Growth in Tourism & Hospitality Industry- October 2016.Paper Titled – Heritage and Eco-Tourism in West Champaran-A place of Tourist.
- International Journal of Advanced Research and Innovative Ideas in Education(IJARIIE) ISSN(O):2395-4396, 'Tea Tourism In Darjeeling'- Volume 2 Issue-4 2016
- International Journal of Advanced Research and Innovative Ideas in Education(IJARIIE), 'Tourism for all-Issues and Problems Of Inaccessible Tourism-volume-2 Issue-4 2016', ISSN(O):2395-4396
- International Journal of Recent Research in Commerce Economics and Management (IJRRCEM ) ISSN 2349-7807 Tourism and Hospitality Education in promoting Tourism in Bihar-2015
- AVAHAN International Conference on Issues Challenges, Emerging Trends and Practices in Hospitality & Tourism Industry-2014
- AVAHAN a journal on Hospitality &Tourism ISSN NO 2347-4556 Medical Tourism beat five-star luxury Hospitality in India -2014
- Article on Advice to make your outdoor space cool for the summer season - 2013
- Article on 4EverGREEN career in Tourism & Hospitality -2013
- Article on Cleaning with GREEN Housekeeping advice -2012
- AVAHAN International Conference on Future trends and Competencies in Tourism and Hospitality industry-Opportunities and Challenges at Amrapali group of Institutes (Faculty of Hospitality Management) Haldwani, Nainital - September 2017. Paper Titled – E-Marketing – A Modern Instrument for Development of Tourism Industry.
- Workshop attended on Adventure Tourism and Training in Paragliding in Sikkim state at SRMUS & Sikkim Paragliding Association(SPA)-September 2017.
- National seminar on "Transforming Communities Through Sustainable Tourism in and around Jharkhand: Trends & Challenges" on 15-16 Feb.2018 at Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) Mesra, Ranchi.Organized by Department of Hotel Management & Catering Technology.
- Paper presented and published "Guest Satisfaction and Loyalty towards Homestay in Sikkim-A Community based Tourism" ISBN 978-93-84782-02-3
- Academic Counsellor for Tourism & Hospitality program -Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Sikkim
- Assistant Professor (Sr.G) & HOD, School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, SRM University, Sikkim, since March 2017 to till date and Member of Board of Studies at SRM University Sikkim
- Assistant Professor, School of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, SRM University Sikkim, from October 2015 to March 2017
- Faculty Tourism and Hospitality and Training Placement coordinator, UEI-Global Education, Lucknow (A Berggruen Holding Inc. USA | India) Tourism & Hospitality Catering College, Affiliated by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (TN) & Hotel School The Hague (Netherland), from April 2012 to October 2015
- Lecturer, Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism, Approved by AICTE Ministry of HRD Govt of India & Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow (Formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University), Unit-Shimla, from 15 Sept. 2011 to April 2012
- Lecturer, Institute Of Hotel Management Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition Meerut (U.P), Approved by AICTE Ministry of HRD Govt.of India, Affiliated to NCHMCT Ministry of Tourism Govt of India & Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow (Formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Technical University) from Aug 2009 to Sept 2011.
Other Professional Experiences
- Completed Fleet Safety Training (Carnival group of cruise lines U.K) Year 2005
- Carnival group of cruise lines-A leading cruise ship of the world (U.K and U.S.A) Unit- P & O Cruises. Dept. Accommodation operation and Hospitality.
- Shangri-La Hotels &Resorts (New Delhi) (Pre-opening Team Member) Dept. Accommodation operation.
- Trident Hilton (The Oberoi Group of Hotels and Resorts) Dept. Accommodation operation
- Industrial Training at Taj Chandela Khajuraho (M.P) A Taj group of Hotels and Resorts, Dept. Front Office, Hotel Accommodation Operation, Food & Beverage Service, Food & Beverage Production (Kitchen).From September 2001-March 2002.
- Vocational Training at Taj Bengal Kolkata-Leading Hotels of the World (W.B) A Taj group of Hotels and Resorts, Dept. Food and Beverage Production (Kitchen) and Service, Room Division. From May 2001-July 2001.
- Hospitality Trainer Programme for Sarovar Group of Hotels Lucknow-(As an Guest Trainer Part-time).
Achievements and Awards
- Faculty Industry exposure -F.O,F&B(S),H.K,F&B(P) and other Non operational dept.at MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino Gangtok on 23-24 April 2018.
- Faculty Industry exposure with Golden Tulip Lucknow (Formerly Hotel Tulip Inn) on 16th March 2013.
- RCHMCT Workshop on "Research Methodology & Data Analysis by Dr.Bhisan SinghNegi.
- NCC-Annual Training B/H/JD/91/30887(Ministry of Defence Govt of India).
- Best Teacher Award by Students at IHM Meerut Year 2009.