Mr. Anup Sharma
Email ID: email@example.com
|M.Phil (Pursuing)||English||Sikkim University|
|M.A||English||Tezpur University, 2015|
- Figure of the Garden in Dickinson’s Poetry”, presented at Student Seminar on “Emily Dickinson the 21st Century” at Department of English, Gauhati University, November 4, 2013
- “Culture of Ageing in India” presented at the ICSSR, Delhi sponsored National Seminar on “Aging in India with Special Reference to North East India” at Tezpur University, March 22-23, 2014
- “The Problem with the Teaching of English Language in India” presented at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Classroom-oriented Research” at North Lakhimpur College (Autonomous), 3-4 May, 2014
- “Sanskrit in English Literature”, presented at National Seminar on “Sanskrit Throughout the Centuries: Trends and Potentialities” organized by Kamrup Sanskrit Sanjivani Sabha, Nalbari, Assam in collaboration with Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University, Nalbari, Assam 10-11 May, 2014
- “Rethinking Cultures--- An Analytical Study of the Arts and Crafts of the Bodos of the Oguri Village in Koliabor” presented at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture of Assam” at Tezpur College, Tezpur, 7 February, 2015
- “From Desire to Politics--- Understanding the ‘Queer Subject’ in Early Indian History and Narratives”
Work in Progress
- “Politics of the Queer in India: Space(s) and Text(s)”
- Participated in the workshop titled “Appreciating 20th Century German Fiction: An Interactive Interdisciplinary Workshop” from 29th to 31st January, 2016 organized by E-ProF in association with Goethe Institute, Trivandrum Kerala.
- Participated in a Six-day Residential Training of Trainers Initiative on “Facilitating Participatory Workshops” organized by the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, Tezpur University with support from UNICEF Assam, between 23-28 February, 2015
- Guest Faculty at Sikkim Manipal University ,September-December 2015
Achievements and Awards
- Represented Tezpur University in debates both at zonal and national levels in the UNIFEST 2013, a youth fest organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Won the first prize in debating at the Zonal Level.
- Won the third Best Speaker award in the 52nd Bhola Borooah Memorial North-East Inter College Debating Competition held on 6 September, 2014.
- Represented Tezpur University in The Great Debate 2014 organized by the British Deputy High Commission Kolkata in collaboration with IIT Guwahati, on 17th October, 2014. Won the First Runners-up trophy in the North-East Leg of the competition.
- Won the Best Speaker award in the Youth Parliament competition held in Tezpur University, 17 November, 2014.