Mr. Anup Sharma
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
|M.Phil||English||Sikkim University, 2018|
|M.A||English||Tezpur University, 2015|
- Indian queer narratives, kinship studies, Modern Indian literature, Modern British literature.
- “Queering “Hybrid” identities in Khaled Hosseini’s And the Mountains Echoed” published in Caesurae: Poetics of Cultural Translation, ISSN: 2454-9495, Volume 2 Issue 2
- “Deconstructing Imaginative Geographies of Space, Land and Nature: A Reading of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (DHR)” (Co-Authored) (Forthcoming)
- Sharma, Anup. Politics of the Queer in India: Space (s) and Text (s). Diss. 2017.
- “Figure of the Garden in Dickinson’s Poetry”, presented at Student Seminar on “Emily Dickinson the 21st Century” at Department of English, Gauhati University, November 4, 2013
- “Sanskrit in English Literature”, presented at National Seminar on “Sanskrit Throughout the Centuries: Trends and Potentialities” organized by Kamrup Sanskrit Sanjivani Sabha, Nalbari, Assam in collaboration with Kumar Bhaskar Varma Sanskrit & Ancient Studies University, Nalbari, Assam 10-11 May 2014
- “Rethinking Cultures--- An Analytical Study of the Arts and Crafts of the Bodos of the Oguri Village in Koliabor” presented at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture of Assam” at Tezpur College, Tezpur, 7 February 2015
- “Culture of Ageing in India” presented at the ICSSR, Delhi sponsored National Seminar on “Aging in India with Special Reference to North East India” at Tezpur University, March 22-23, 2014
- “Queering “Hybrid” identities in Khaled Hosseini’s And the Mountains Echoed” presented at an International Conference on Language, Ethnicity, Identity: 21st Century Perspectives 11th – 12th February 2017 at Tinsukia College, Tinsukia
- “Translating Cultural Idioms of Desire: The Homoerotic Signifiers in Ugra’s Chocolate” presented at an International Conference on Interrogating Cultural Translation: Literature and Fine Arts in Translation, 21st to 23rd August 2017 at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore
- “Projecting the Non-Normative: The Politics of Mistaken Identities and Indirect Implications in Karan Johar’s Dostana” presented at an International Conference, Politics of Representation: Interdisciplinary Perspectives, 1-3 November 2017 at Sikkim University, Gangtok
- “Deconstructing Imaginative Geographies of Space, Land and Nature: A Reading of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (DHR)” presented at an International Conference, Why Ecocriticism?, 21-23rd November 2017 at Sikkim Government College, Gangtok
- “Writing the Gendered Subaltern: The Politics of the Construction of the “Self” in Nalini Jameela’s The Autobiography of a Sex Worker” presented at an International Conference, Translation Across Borders: Genres and Geographies, 9-11 October, 2018 Jointly organized by Centre for Advanced Research and Training—Translation & Multilingualism (CART-T&M) Osmania University, Hyderabad & Caesurae Collective Society.
- “From Desire to Politics--- Understanding the ‘Queer Subject’ in Early Indian History and Narratives”
Work in Progress
- “Politics of the Queer in India: Space(s) and Text(s)”
- Participated in the workshop titled “Appreciating 20th Century German Fiction: An Interactive Interdisciplinary Workshop” from 29th to 31st January, 2016 organized by E-ProF in association with Goethe Institute, Trivandrum Kerala.
- Participated in a Six-day Residential Training of Trainers Initiative on “Facilitating Participatory Workshops” organized by the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism, Tezpur University with support from UNICEF Assam, between 23-28 February, 2015
- Participated in Two-Day National Northeast Literature Conference cum Creative Writing Workshop at Sikkim Government College, 9th-10th March, 2018
- Participated in Two-Day Workshop on “Teaching of English in Sikkim University: Methods and Approaches” between 13th -14th June, 2018.
- Served as a Guest Lecturer (Part-time) and taught English language and literature to B.A. English (Honours) students of first and third semester at Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok (Sep-December, 2015).
- Currently working as an Assistant Professor at the School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, Department of English, Sri Ramasamy Memorial (SRM) University, Sikkim, (Sep, 2016- till date)
Other Professional Experience
- Cambridge English Exams Manager, SRM University, Sikkim (November 2018)
Achievements and Awards
- Awarded the Best Student of the Year 2013 for overall performance in curricular and extra-curricular activities in college. (Gyan Jyoti College affiliated under the University of North Bengal)
- Represented Tezpur University (A Central University) in debates both at zonal and national levels in the UNIFEST 2013, a youth fest organized by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports. Won the first prize in debating at the Zonal Level.
- Represented Tezpur University in The Great Debate 2014 organized by the British Deputy High Commission Kolkata in collaboration with IIT Guwahati, on 17th October 2014. Won the First Runners-up trophy in the North-East Leg of the competition.
- Won the Best Speaker award in the Youth Parliament competition held in Tezpur University, 17 November 2014.
- Secured an A grade in Trinity CertTESOL certified by Trinity College, London